ident warranties the quality and performance of its scan tools under the following terms and conditions:
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1 year Warranty against workmanship or materials
The above mentioned warranty is offered by VIDENT as standard Warranty for all its standard range of products. VIDENT reserves the right to offer extended special Warranty conditions in different countries, according to their different technical and commercial conditions. In that case, these special conditions will be stated in a separate document. The Warranty terms of this document are given by VIDENT according to the following terms and conditions:
2) Warranty Exclusions
- a) Out of the scope of the present Warranty will be any damages and malfunctions of the products which have their
1)Negligent, improper or abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or dampness, unauthorized modifications, unauthorized repair, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, improper installation, or other acts which are not the fault of Vident, including damage caused by shipping.
2) Not following the use, installation and maintenance instructions given in the current End User Manual ;
3) Modifications or repairing attempts that were not been held by authorized personnel by the After Sales Service of VIDENT;
4) Damages due to collision with an object, surge, floods, plagues, earthquakes, third parties actions, battery leakage, theft, blown fuse, improper use of any electrical source, or the product was used in combination or connection with other product, attachments, supplies or consumables not manufactured or distributed by VIDENT, or any other reasons different to the standard use conditions of the products and that are out of the control of VIDENT.
- b) It will be also out of the scope of this Warranty for any VIDENT products with a serial number that has been manipulated .
- c) All complaints concerning aesthetics will not be considered unless they mean a malfunction or a difference in performance compared to the one announced on the technical and commercial brochures of VIDENT.
- d) The Warranty rights established on this document do not cover the shipping costs of the damaged products or parts when sending them to the factory to be repaired.
3) Claiming of the Warranty Rights
Warranty rights can be claimed during the 1 year the present Warranty is in force and immediately after the failure detection, except for visible defects, in which case the claim shall be lodged within no more than two months after the delivery date. Any customer or end user that considers himself with enough good reasons to claim for the Warranty rights declared in this document, must proceed as follows:
- a) Inform immediately by written document to the reseller of the products, or to the authorized dealer, or to the after-sales support department of VIDENT. For that purpose, VIDENT «Complaint Form» must be fulfilled and attached with a copy of the purchase invoice and the delivery note, showing the date of acquisition and the serial number of the scan tool.
- b) Once the compliant form is received by VIDENT, the Support Department will analyze it in accordance with the Warranty scope, and will inform the customer about the steps to be followed.
- c) Prior written authorization from the Support Department of VIDENT will be necessary in case the products should be sent back to the factory. Returning of the scan tools must be made using the original package and the customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to VIDENT.
- d) If the product is returned during the limited warranty period, but the problem with the product is not covered under the terms and conditions of this limited warranty, the customer will be notified and given an estimate of the charges the customer must pay to have the product repaired, with all shipping charges billed to the customer. If the estimate is refused, the product will be returned freight collect. If the product is returned after the expiration of the limited warranty period, VIDENT’ normal service policies shall apply and the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges.
- e) VIDENT reserves the right to supply a different model of scan tools to cover the Warranty rights, or for any substitution, in case that the original model of scan tool is not manufactured anymore. All the products replaced in case of substitution will be property of VIDENT.